Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Jackson: The Town of Lost Degrees

 Recently, I have had the privilege to relocate; from Jacksonville, FL to Jackson, WY, in an effort to get closer to the kind of lifestyle that I wanted to be living. I don't think I possibly could have picked a better place to live and play than Jackson Hole. With Yellowstone National Park and Grand Teton National Park within two hours and thirty minutes, respectively Jackson is in the heart of some of the wildest country Mother Nature has to offer. There is Jackson Hole Mountain Resort twenty minutes from town and Snow King Resort which is literally in town giving me a variety of options for winter fun. The town and surrounding areas are full of people who want to be "outdoor bums," focusing their life and energy into recreation more than anything else (most of them have college degrees too).

  The town itself is comprised of about 10,000 people, but some good bars, good shows, and good people make the town an awesome place to socialize as well. The more famous bars include the "Million Dollar Cowboy Bar" where the bar stools are saddles, The Silver Dollar (at The Wort hotel), and the Snake River Brewpub. Quite possibly one of the most fun things I've ever done is Happy Hour at The Deck (found at the top of a free gondola ride at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort). It is hard to beat having a beer with some friends and looking out over the whole valley. This will serve as my preliminary, new-to-town, I guess that makes me still a tourist kind of, review. I will have many posts on great hikes and locales and will keep everyone updated through the winter.




No comments:

Post a Comment