Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Welcome Great Outdoors and Travel Lovers!

     Welcome all to the Awesome Guide for the Outdoors and Travel. The idea behind this blog is to provide a resource for young adults (you know who you are), where you will be able to find information on how to get outdoors and travel with the budget, time, and geographical constraints that many people our age find ourselves in. I am by no means an expert, but I will tell you a little bit about myself and hopefully you will find wisdom in my words or at least find the desire to debate or contribute.

     So...My name is Scott Blackwell and I will be responsible for the majority of posts, although I may have some guest authors who have expertise in a certain field, place, or subject. My friends jokingly call me "Nature Scott" or sometimes just "Nature" and the Great Outdoors has been a passion of mine since I was young enough to be outside. I have been to numerous National and State Parks ranging from my home state of Florida, across the United States to Colorado and beyond to Western Canada, and even in Spain/France. I also love traveling and think it is an awesome way to have new experiences and learn a lot about not only another culture, but yourself in the process. I have traveled across the United States to all four corners of the country (Key West, Washington, Arizona, and New York) and have been to Canada, The Bahamas, Belize, France, Ireland, Jamaica, Portugal, and Spain. I am almost fluent in Spanish and hope to learn another language in the next year or so (probably Portuguese so I can have that skill when I go to The World Cup in Brazil in 2014).

     Now that we have reached an understanding as to who I am and what exactly this blog is about, I hope you will be able to take away some positive information and decide to contribute your own positive thoughts and ideas to a community of people who understand how wonderful the Great Outdoors are and the Wonders of Travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment